In 1928, the late Shri Bhogilal Jethalal Shah relocated from the small town of Umreth in central Gujarat to the industrial city of Ahmedabad in search of better business prospects. After working at the traditional family business of glass framing for a few years, he set up Shah Bhogilal Jethalal Iron & Brass Factory at Ahmedabad in 1933. The intent was to manufacture brass valves to meet the demand of the burgeoning textile industry, which was then at its peak in Ahmedabad. Over the next decade, however, the textile industry begin to decline, and Bhogilal was quick to foresee its negative impact on his business. To counter this problem, he began to manufacture products for different applications and industries, which included supplies to the Defence sector (including Hose couplings to the British army during the Second World War). He zeroed in on Bronze Landing valves, Hose couplings and Nozzles as products with good market potential, and with this launched Shah Bhogilal Jethalal & Bros’s journey on the path of fire protection.
For 2 to 3 decades thereafter, Shah Bhogilal Jethalal & Bros continued to manufacture these products, gaining recognition as a quality producer of fire fighting equipment. On client demand, Bhogilal and successive generations of his family continued to add different fire fighting equipment to their product range, and today, the company produces a wide range of water and foam based fire fighting equipment for fixed, mobile and vehicle based fire fighting applications.